Scout Island Nature Centre is located in the heart of the city of Williams Lake, in the Cariboo Chilcotin region of British Columbia, Canada. The Nature Centre features marsh, island, and lake environments and is a premier location for nature appreciation and education. On the migration path of hundreds of species of birds, it is a bird-watcher’s paradise in the spring and fall.
At Scout Island Nature Centre you can:
- Enjoy wildlife viewing along the 2.5 km of trails following the marsh edge and lake
- Catch glimpses of fox, beaver, turtle or a deer while they nibble on the diversity of flora of forest and grassland
- Help feed the fish, amphibians and reptiles in the Nature House
- Ask a question of the natural history interpreters
- Take in a scheduled nature program (year-round school and community programs for all ages)
Map of Scout Island trails and features
Note: Some trails and the Nature House are wheelchair accessible. Dogs are welcome but must be on leash.
Video on Scout Island Nature Centre
Illustrated story of the September 2012 Student Salmon trip